Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pirates!!

I went to see the Pirates of Penzance on Saturday night (8/18/12) at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse in Ogden. It has been years and years since I went to the playhouse, and it was the girl I went with (Jennifer Lindley) who suggested it. I have never seen it before, but am familiar with the story due to the number of times I have seen The Pirate Movie with my sisters growing up. The play was pretty good and I enjoyed it. It was intersting to compare the quality of the production with the plays that I have been watching recently, down at Tuacahn in St. George and at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City. However, it was good to see locals in action. Speaking of locals, I was surprised to see Stephanie Petersen in the play. She came dancing out as one of the sisters and I said, "I know her!" If I was better about following people on Facebook I would have known that she was in it, but...

1 comment: